Anatomy homework help. Anatomy and Physiology I
- Label the terms on the figure – the anatomy of the heart.
- Organize the following structures of the conducting system of the heart in the right order (from start to end): Atrioventricular node, Purkinje fibers, internodal pathways, sinoatrial node, bundle branches, atrioventricular bundle.
- Briefly explain the fetal circulatory route and placental blood supply. Include in your explanation which blood vessel brings oxygen to the fetal organs from the placenta.
- Define myocardial infarction (MI), coronary artery disease and coronary thrombosis. Include in your answer how can you make the diagnosis of MI.
- Fill the boxes a,b,c and 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 of the pressure volume and relationships in the cardiac cycle.
- Explain briefly (2 sentences) the following diseases/conditions:
- Sudden infant death syndrome.
- Laryngeal spasm.
- Place in the columns of the innate and adaptive immune system each of the following elements:
B lymphocyte, physical barriers, phagocytes, immunoglobulins, T lymphocyte, natural killer, temperature, interferon, complement.
- Answer the following questions related to the immune system:
- What molecules trigger the activation of the classical, lectin and alternative pathways of complement?
- Which one is the largest class of antibodies?
- Which type of antibody induces the release of histamine?
- Which is the first class of antibody secreted after the first contact with an antigen?
- What is the location of Ig A in the body?
- What is anaphylaxis and what type of cells and antibodies are involved in such process?
- Answer the following questions related to the respiratory system:
- What is the function of pneumocyte type I and type II?
- How many lobes do the left and right lung have?
- What is the effect of blood pH and temperature on oxygen release?
- Mention the 3 different ways CO2 can travel in the blood stream?
- Label the following steps of the chemoreceptor response to changes in PCO2