Tasks Homework Help. SDSU Command Line Processing Project Worksheet
OBJECTIVE: Experiment and use the CLI, command line interface to process items as outlined. This will give you experience beyond the traditional GUI interface. Keep in mind that other OS use the command line for different processes, etc. such as checking directories, files, the registry, etc.
DIRECTIONS: Please open up a command line prompt and perform some processes as follows:
- STEP 1 – In Windows start menu search for command line “comm” Then open Command line.
- STEP 2 – enter in the command “DIR” a list of directories in your user profile will appear.
- STEP 3 – Next, enter the command “CD”
- STEP 4 – You will now be at the main “”C”” drive. Enter in DIR again and enter in “”CD Windows”” This is your main OS operating system directory.
- STEP 5 – Now select one directory like Temp