For each of the following events or transactions, prepare the necessary journal entry or entries and identify the fund or funds that will be affected.
1. A governmental unit collects fees totaling $4,500 at the municipal pool. The fees are charged to recover costs of pool operation and maintenance.
2. A county government that serves as a tax collection agency for all towns and cities located within the county collects county sales taxes totaling $125,000 for the month.
3. A $1,000,000 bond offering was issued, with a premium of $50,000, to subsidize the construction of a city visitor center.
4. A town receives a donation of $50,000 in bonds. The bonds should be held indefinitely, but bond income is to be donated to the local zoo. The zoo is not associated with the town.
5. A central printing shop is established with a $150,000 nonreciprocal transfer from the general fund.
6. A $1,000,000 revenue bond offering was issued at par by a fund that provides water and sewer services to residents of nearby communities for a fee. The funds are to be used for facility expansion.
7. A village is awarded a grant of $250,000 from the state government for highway beautification. The general fund provides a $50,000 loan, because grant funds will be disbursed after valid expenditures are documented.
8. Property taxes of $5,000,000 are levied by a city government. One percent is considered uncollectible, and the taxes will be used to fund current obligations.