Home Science homework help.
|Hide Assignment Information|
Lesson Three Writing Assignment:
It has long been argued, particularly by conservatives, that there is a liberal bias in the mass media. On the other hand, progressives and liberals counter that conservative media has its own bias and that conservative media spends most of its time trying to invoke fear and division in the general public. With these two points of view in mind, please respond to the following question.
(1) How is the media, biased, more towards progressive-liberal values, conservative values or in both directions depending on the specific media outlets you may access? Explain your response.
- 4-5 double-spaced pages of text
- Write in complete sentences and paragraphs. Bullet points or lists will not be accepted.
- Be original – All papers submitted in this class are reviewed via Turnitin.com, a proprietary software database that identifies unoriginal material in papers. Please review the syllabus statement regarding the penalty for plagiarism. Your instructor will provide you with additional information.
Refer to the Writing Guidelines content page for additional writing assignment criteria.
- Essays should be submitted in a word processed document.
- Margins should be set to at least 1″. Use one of the following typefaces: Arial, Helvetica, Times or Palatino. Set the body of your essay in 12 point type, doubled spaced. Longer quotations can be set at 10 point type, single spaced, if indented.
- Include page numbers using the header/footer feature of your word processor.
- Include a cover page, with your name, the name of the assignment, the due date, the course number and contact information.
- Write in complete sentences.
- No bullet points or listing will be accepted.
- Feel free to use images and graphs but word counts must be adhered to.
- Correct grammar and spelling will be taken into consideration in the evaluation. Do a spell check and proofread your essay before submitting. Read it at least once printed out. You will catch different things on the printed page than you do on screen.
- You must cite your sources in text and provide a complete bibliography at the end. REMEMBER: Any information or idea that is not your own MUST BE CITED.