Select one of the two scenarios below and weigh the pros of cons of the statements presented.
- Your employer has given you the task of increasing overall production within your department using the same number of permanent employees but no additional hours to complete the work. Determine some possible solutions (e.g., incentivizing your employees to work harder, using temporary contract employees to complete the work, automated solutions, or streamlined processes), describe common fallacious arguments against each proposed solution and present logical arguments to counteract these fallacious arguments. Select a final proposed solution and explain why you think this solution will be more effective than the others.
- Your company wants to hire a third-party vendor to handle all the customer service calls because they are a well-known leader in the industry with many clients. You are the manager of the customer service department for your company and have consistently reduced expenses over the past three years. What argument should you present to your employer to not hire a third-party vendor to handle customer service calls?
Prepare a 10- to 12-slide presentation with detailed speaker notes and visuals. In your presentation:
- Identify the fallacious statements in the selected business scenario.
- Select five or more points of reasoning that support your decision or argument.
- Describe how your logical reasoning counteracts the fallacious statements.
- Summarize why your selected business decision would be more effective.