Nursing homework help. Topic: Parent teaching on Teething in infant
A critical component of pediatric nursing is teaching parents how to care for their child, particularly during an illness or after a procedure. To develop this skill, the student will complete a parent teaching project.
Students will be assigned a topic and developmental stage upon which to focus. With that information, the student will need to determine what health education (AKA parent/patient teaching) needs to be conducted prior to this virtual patient being discharged. The students will then role-play the teaching session, using a student chosen by the instructor as the “parent” and with the rest of the clinical group observing.
The project must include:
- The critical components of home care for the assigned topic
- Developmentally appropriate instruction-
- The teaching reflects the developmental level of the parent and patient. (e.g., home care instructions for an infant should include the food appropriate for an infant rather than a school aged child).
- A written handout that summarizes the “take home” points for the parent to keep as a reference after the teaching session.
- A bibliography containing no fewer than three professional journal articles with one being a pediatric specific article. The articles must be less than five years old. Use of APA format for references is expected.
- A clear, creative, logical progression geared to a learner at an 8th grade level